What You Need to Know Prior to Your Trip
Meanwhile Charters offers deep sea fishing adventures off the Oregon Coast out of the Garibaldi Port. Here are a few housekeeping informational items and what you need to know prior to your trip:
All gear is provided, but you are welcome to bring that “lucky” rod once we’ve chatted about equipment.
- Rain gear is always a good idea on the Oregon coast. I like the breathable fabrics, you never know if we may encounter a drizzly fog bank when it is warm at the port. There will be some spray from running the boat fast.
- Don’t forget some sunscreen, even for overcast days.
- For deep water halibut we use Daiwa 750 electric reels. No more sore arms from tiresome bait checks.
- I always have bottled water on board.
- Please bring your lunch and anything else you prefer to drink. Many people report that ginger ale can help with a queasy stomach. (Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on our ocean trips.) It is advisable to bring your lunch in a soft sided waterproof container. A zip lock bag works well. You don’t want a soggy sandwich.
- The ocean conditions will dictate whether any particular trip is canceled for safety and/or comfort reasons. In those cases, we are happy to reschedule your trip or offer a full refund.
- In order to fish on our boat, fisherman must be in possession of a fishing license and any required tags. A one day license will have the required tag to fill in for the species, area and date.